Christmas Holiday in Canada
After the frantic year of HK, New Zealand and now California it was time for a break. We were fortunately able to head over to Ontario in Canada for a family Christmas with my Uncle Bruce and his family. It had been ten years since Veronica and I had been in London, Ontario so it was good to be back, this time in the winter.
- Snow games in London
- After flying into Toronto on Saturday evening we picked up a rental car and drove down to London ahead of a big snow storm. Snowed all night and we had a nice foot of fresh snow the next morning. Kids loved it and spent hours outside building forts, sledding and making snow men. Dad also had a lot of fun as well 😉 Joy and Matt were also around for a few days so kept the kids occupied. Topped the snow experience off with sleigh ride through a farm out in the country side.
- Hadley number 3 Birthday
- Birthdays around Christmas are always tough but Curious George made an appearance and we had a fondu party. Thanks to everyone for the great gifts for Hadley. Combined witht eh snowy outdoor fun it was a great third birthday for Hadley.
- Christmas Celebrations
- Rose and Justin came back from Toronto for Christmas so the kids had more playmates. Stockings all round and the gift exchange worked out really well with a real bias towards a Canadian theme. The food and drink way great and really just like being back in NZ with our own families. Bruce and Barb went all out to make it a great day and fun couple of weeks. Didn’t miss the rest of the family at all 😉
- Toronto with Joy and Matt
- Spent the last four days of our holiday back in Toronto at Joy and Matt’s flat. Great relaxing time with good food and company. Great to be in a big city, gave us a good reminder of London living. Activities included cleaning out the Roots store, eating breakfast, going past the museum, eating sushi, drinking wine, talking late and eating bagels to name a few things.