Matt And Nicky visit the OC
Matt and Nicky Slater came out from New York for a long weekend visit with us here in the OC. We had a great time catching up as we haven’t seen them for ages. Some of the highlights of the visit were:
- Checking out the new Orange balloon ride at the old El Toro Air base that is being converted into a recreational park
- Went to the beach at Laguna on Saturday where I managed to put my knee out playing frisbee on the sand.
- Spent Sunday afternoon up at Santa Monica, checked out the pier, then drove into Hollywood to tick off a few land marks.
- On Monday we all headed early to Disneyland and spent a huge 12 hour day there with the kids. Although busy due to the public holiday we got around most of the good rides. The weather was a little cool but that made the line for splash mountain even shorter. Only problem was that the Matt, Nicky and I all ended up in front of a log with no one else. Nose heavy with me at the front we got soaked.
- Nicky finally got to ride on “Its a Small World” and managed to hold her hands up the entire way around Thunder Mountain (with some assistance from her brother’n’law 🙂 )